At the beginning of the sponsorship, you will receive an email containing the following information:
– the beneficiary’s case, which includes a photo and information on his/her life (family, school, future hopes and dreams, etc.);
– the project description (school, elderly home, monastery or Study Grant);
– the map that shows the locations of the LDS projects;
– the address to which is possible to send letters for the beneficiary;
– the guidelines of the ASIA LDS project.
Throughout the year, you will receive:
– 2 photos of the beneficiary,
– 1 or 2 letters/drawings (from the beneficiary and/or the institute representative),
– a project report, a video or a school report card.
ASIA and the representatives work closely together to ensure that donations are used properly and updates are sent regularly to sponsors. However, the frequency and quality of updates depend on the technological possibilities available to the representative, the geographic location of the institute and the efficiency of postal services. These three factors determine also the reception and delivery methods of the letters by the institute: fast and direct between the school and the sponsor when the counterpart has the necessary resources, or slower and intermediated by ASIA offices when the institute is located in a very remote place.*
* By initiating a Long Distance Sponsorship, the sponsor agrees that his or her data (name, surname and address) will be shared with the representative or with the local ASIA office solely for the purpose of sending LDS material. This consent can be revoked at any time by contacting ASIA via email or phone. The sponsor also commits to not disclose the personal data of the beneficiaries (including photos), especially if these are minor, in respect of their privacy.